The AmCham Tributes are an award instituted by AmCham Portugal through which we intend to recognize and reward companies, institutions and personalities that have most distinguished themselves for their contribution to the approximation and understanding between Portugal and the USA and, particularly in the strengthening of economic and commercial relations between the two countries.
They are delivered at an annual gala dinner ceremony, which is one of the highlights of the American Chamber of Commerce’s activity in Portugal and a highly prestigious event, where we celebrate the friendship between Portugal and the USA.
AmCham Tributes are intended to:
- Recognize and reward organizations that have distinguished themselves for their contribution to bringing Portugal and the US closer together and particularly in strengthening economic, investment and trade relations between the two countries.
- Contribute to the dissemination of good business practices, excellence and talent in an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
AmCham Tributes are intended for Portuguese or American companies that:
- Made an investment in Portugal or the USA.
- Exported to the USA or Portugal.
- Carried out a project to promote one of the countries, creating greater knowledge and approximation between the two countries, including in the cultural, educational or other aspects.
- Acted in the area of defending the interests of communities in one of the two countries.
- Developed a project in the area of Innovation, Entrepreneurship or Sustainability involving both countries.
Can be candidates:
Any company or organization, partner or not of AmCham Portugal, and whatever its sector of activity, size or volume of business.
The Jury will consider the following evaluation criteria:
- Project interest.
- Interest of the project result.
- Relevance of the project to the growth and development of Luso-American relations.
- AmCham Tributes are delivered at the AmCham Portugal Gala Dinner, chaired at the highest level.
Application Form HERE
Consult the Regulation HERE
Winners in previous years
2021 – FLAD – “The most engaged member”; Daniela Braga – “Personality of the Year Award”; Carlos Rodrigues – “Career Award”; Colquímica Adhesives; EDP; Google and Hotel Marriott.
2019 – Amyris; OutSystems;United Airlines; Rodolfo Lavrador (President of PT-US Chamber Commerce)
Dr. Francisco Pinto Balsemão, Personality of the Year
2017 – A-to-B powered by Brisa; Gepack and Talkdesk
2016 – Corticeira Amorim; Feedzai; IBM Portugal; Janssen Portugal and Rui Boavista Marques, AICEP delegate in NY
2015 – Act by Cotec; Bial; BorgWarner and Fulbright
2014 – Laureate; NutriVentures; Pelcor, TAP and Dr. Charles Buchanan
2013 – Flad; Hovione; Leadership; Principal Power and Dr. Rui Manchete