Whitepaper: Embracing the Challenges of the Digital Transformation: Why Portugal’s Data Protection and Cybersecurity Regimes Offer a Unique Opportunity for Hyperscalers
Read the latest Start Campus whitepaper on Portugal’s ability in “Embracing the Challenges of Digital Transformation” prepared by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and PLMJ.
The report, “Embracing the Challenges of Digital Transformation,” describes Portugal as a welcoming hub for large international technology companies and hyperscalers. The paper explores how Portugal specifically addresses data protection and cybersecurity challenges that arise when facing heightened digital demands.
Embracing the Challenges of the Digital Transformation: Why Portugal’s Data Protection and Cybersecurity Regimes Offer a Unique Opportunity for Hyperscalers.
Portugal offers a unique location for data centers striking a balance between best practices in data protection regulatory environment and ranking as a top business-friendly country:
- Portugal is ranked as one of the most stable, open and innovative countries in the EU;
- The regulatory framework and enforcement regime in data protection is notably attractive to hyperscalers, maintaining a collaborative, confidential and supportive approach;
- Portugal’s ranking in cybersecurity has increased exponentially under international scoreboards since 2018;
- Portugal is committed to the concept of “data mobility” resisting the trend of imposing additional data location requirements while respecting individual personal data.
- Lisbon, Portugal – June 28, 2022 – Portugal offers an unparalleled location for data centers committing to best practices in data protection rules and ranking as one of the most business-friendly, stable and open countries in the EU in terms of innovation, digitalization and technical expertise. A recent report prepared by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, an international law firm, and PLMJ, a law firm based in Portugal, says.